Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

27 July 2015: A quick stay in Santos

Mom,

I am so glad to hear that you are all doing well. I can only imagine how fun the house is with all the changes and visits from family. That must be so exciting. the child trade is also creative :P 

The Hills
So, in Santos i was able to see some of my info, and the date is for certain going to be Sep 30th. They are going to send you info within the next couple weeks so get ready! 

I have been transfered! Yep, three weeks in and I am already out! I am not super happy about leaving (well, I am already in my new area) because we had 4 investigators that are just perfect and progressing really well. I am counting on Elder Stokes and Elder Timmons to finish the job! So, now I am in the Belas Artes Ward in Itanhaém. It is a small city to the south and my area is huge and literally nothing but beach. I haven't really been anywhere yet but the map is just beach. President called me on Friday morning telling me that I was to leave on Sunday afternoon. He said that he was very grateful for all that I had done in Santos (which wasn't a lot) but that he needed me to ressurrect this area. The members are a little discouraged but my new companion and I can change that. 

Elder Findling is from Harrisburg PA and is 6'6". He is so tall. Skinny and blonde, we will make quite the companionship. He has been here for 3 transfers already and only has 8 months here in the mission so he is anxious to leave the area. However, whether he stays or goes is not that important to my surviving here. 

I loved my Santos experience. It was an amazing 3 weeks. I learned a lot. Not only by being with 2 great missionaries, but also because of the people. I love these people. I was very sad to leave and the members were as well. My heart breaks every time I have to leave a place. Though I am sad that I didnt stay to see more people get baptized, I am looking to do the same here in Itanhaém. So why am I not super excited about living in a house for the first time in my mission? It is full of mold. Moldy walls and moldy furniture. I will be doing some major mold removal this week. #missionarylyfe

Well, I am certain that Cameron was spoiled at W&M. They always do a great job the first time that EFY goes to a new place. 

I love ya mom! Have a great week! You are the best!

Elder Johnson 

Preaching

Elder Stokes and Elder Timmons

Santos

Old school "selfie".

No comments:

Post a Comment