Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

24 August 2015: SKYFALL

Mom,

What a week. I would have thought that it would have dragged by without a real PDay but it went really well. I am pretty far away from the office now but it sounds like President will be coming here weekly to check on this zone so I am sure that he will bring it (or at least I hope so). 

Elder Kagi and I
So, this zone is incredible. We had a meeting on Thursday with President Cabral about the "why" of this transfer. Basically we are the São Sebastião district and President has a 6 month plan for this place to become a stake. He gives a name to ever transfer and has called this one SKYFALL (the james bond movie). He is pretty serious about it. He said that the Lord told him that now is the time and called all of the best missionaries up to this zone. I know that I have had some problems knowing if President trusted me or not but now I have no doubts that not only does he trust me but the Lord does as well. So we have the incredible task of bringing 60 more people to church in this branch and 10 men who will be active Melchizadek priesthood holders and full tithe payers. Not easy but possible. He also said that we will all stay here for 6 months but I obviously will not be one of them.

But this area is really awesome. We have had some great experiences in finding new people and teaching a lot. The only difficulty is that the church is really far away but will soon be moving to the City Center which will help a ton. But we have a lot of work to do and walking around with Elder Kagi is hilarious and fun. We work really well together and it is so nice to be with a hard worker. It is heaven :D

This place is so beautiful as well. There are beautiful beaches and even when it is hot, there is a constant strong wind so you cool down quick. I love it. Our chapel is a mansion that is on the beach. I took some pictures and will try to put them up today or next week. 

Thank you for sending another package! I miss you so much and time is passing way to quickly! Have a great week! I love you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment