Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

08 June 2015

Mom,

Yes, Elder Mahonri has kidney and they are too big too pass. He will be going to the Urologist next monday so emails might be delayed a bit. We had a meeting with President Cabral this week and President told him that he might have to go home to do the surgery. Well, that has created this annoying bug in Elder Mahonri's mind. He is telling everyone (missionaries, members, investigators) that he is going home next week. It is super annoying and for this, he has slowed down a lot as far as working goes. But it will all work out. We even have some members and investigators telling him that his heart is in the wrong place. He says that he doesnt want to go home, but he talks about it so much, that it is obviously the desire of his heart. And alma teaches that God gives us according to our desires. So, I guess we will see what happens.

So, Elder Richards got transferred from Registro and his companion has already been there for 2 transfers. So, because it looks like I will be transferred and Elder Richards will stay, we might be comps. We can ask, but it is often denied because these things are done by revelation and you can't mess with revelation!

Austin has an iPhone now, and i cant really believe that i will get one... there has got to be a catch of some kind! But wow, thank you. I guess i cant really show any real gratitude through an email, but I will when I get back. 

Oh my word, I totally forgot that Cam will be a high schooler and that Lexi will move up to mddle school. I wouldnt worry too much. It will be a good change for the both of them. I can understand the worry about Middle school but Lexi has a good head on her. She'll be fine! I think Cameron is ready for a change as well. The Kirtland YC was my favorite!!! That was when I was set apart in the temple and blessed the sacrament there too! That was an unforgettable experience! I hope they go and have a great time like I did!

Congrats on getting your first temp job! It sure didnt take you long! I am sure you'll be working a ton there. You are the best!

So, our miracle this week was that we found 3 families! 3 isnt a lot but it is when you take in consideration that they are all married legally! That in Brazil is so rare. We have a tone of opportunity with them. I am pretty excited. One has a mom that is already baptized and sent her kid to us in the street to ask us if we are mormon missionaries. For some reason, people confuse us for JDubs all the time.

I am really excited and just really want people to come to church on Sundays. That would be great. It is the hardest part of our area, but difficulties are there to be conquered!

Well, I think that is it for our week. Hopefully I will have more good news for you next monday. I just got a call from the office that a package got there for me... Is it from you guys? I dont believe that it only took a week to get here but if it did then we will call it a miracle!

Have a fantastic week and have a great time working!

Love you tons,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment