Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

18 August 2015: A big and bold decision

Mom and Dad,

First off, please do not get mad at me nor freak out because I didnt get an email off yesterday. Basically, my companion and I had a super awesome week (We baptized on Sunday) but it all came to a very quick end. We were both transfered so now I am in São Sebastião (if you thought itanhaem was beautiful, wait till you see this place) and I was on the bus from 7am til 6pm. But now I am with Elder Kagi, the only missionary from England in this mission. He is super cool and funny and we are excited to work together and have this big challenge. 

Elder Findling, Marilene, and I.
Last week President asked us to call him if we were willing to go to a "hard" area in the mission known as the "holes" or pits of the mission. Well, Elder Findling and I called him telling him that we were willing to go. President told us that 70 other missionaries had already called and so he would have a big group to choose from. He had 11 areas that he was going to change. I feel humbled to know that I was chosen and I am super grateful for this opportunity to really work my hardest in my final weeks.

Basically Elder Findling and I found a woman who had a ton of family problems. She also smoked and drank coffee. In one week she stopped smoking and drinking coffee, read nearly half of the Book of Mormon, and changed completely as a person. She was baptized on Sunday, 12 days after we made the first contact with her. Miracles are real. The gospel can really change people. The Book of Mormon is really our greatest tool for conversion. I love it so much. I am so grateful for Marilene's experience for it taught me so much! Well, I only had a half hour of computer time today but I hope you are doing great adn I will send pictures and tell more stories next week.  

I would like that package to get here soon so that I can get you all some souveniers that I found. So, I am anxious :D 

Love you all :D

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment