Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

15 June 2015

Mom,

Believe it or not, that box was actually from you guys. Thank you so much. No one in my house had tried pop rocks before. It was pretty hilarious. There has been a lot of shenanigans with the poppers too. Thank you so much for the goodies and the love!

Well, my companion is at the doctor's office right now. I refused to go with him. He isnt in any pain at all (in fact, he hasnt felt any pain since his first hospital visit) and I am kind of tired of hearing about how he is going home in who knows how many days. So, I sent Elder Lucas' companion in my place. 

This week started off super well. On monday we had an awesome lesson with a new family. The mom is your age and has 2 kids (15 and 9) but recently her husband cheated on her and lefther after 20 years of marriage. As a result, she has searched for spiritual help from many places and has even got herself a 21 year old boyfriend #cougar. But we had a lesson that really touched me nd really touched her as well. As we started the 1st lesson (restoration) we opened the pamphlet and there is a picture of a family. She started to cry and said that was her family not so long ago. We taught the lesson with a focus on eternal families and that was different for me. That was when I realized that what we teach isnt about authority, the book of Mormon, or even Joseph Smith. Those are important effects of what it is really all about. It is about Christ and the love that he has for each one of us. He gave us this opportunity to have eternal families and be eternal ourselves. What a blessing! What love! I have seen a lot of people shrug their shoulders at this doctrine. It is saddening. Something that you know is so important and vital, treated as if you were just another JDub trying to hand out pamphlets that create fear and confusion. It is a unique perspective that I have to see in other people what is important to them and it often isnt what God thinks is important. But i was very grateful for the chance to see that it isnt about what we often think about. Rather it is all about Christ and what he has done for us. 

I cant believe that the sibs are so old. It is crazy how much happens in two years. You really realize it when you are looking at everything from a distance. The ward is so different now. I dont know what I will do without the Bowmans in the ward. that change just might be too much for me. 

I dont really have a preference about the debit card. You can do what you think is best. i am not in any rush to get it.

Thank you for the prayers and the love! You are the best and never forget that. I love you tons. Dont forget that either :)

Love ya,,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment