Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

20 April 2015

Mom,

Actually, transfer calls were yesterday. I will stay one more transfer with Elder de Lima, which will be great. We will see many miracles this transfer. Many sisters went home yesterday so President had to make some major changes in the mission. 5 of the 12 zones were closed and nearly all the Zone Leaders were released. So, I am no longer a ZL! I am very grateful for the time I had to serve other missionaries but I cannot lie and say that I am not excited to only have to focus on my own area and my own investigators. It was great while it lasted but I was getting very tired. My time had come and I felt like this would happen.

This week was a lot better for us. After talking with my companion about talking to others we came to a simple compromise that has changed the way we are coming home. We decided that I would knock the doors and he would stop people on the street. We have done that for the past couple days and we both come home very tired... not just me haha What a great change, right?

Austin told me about the ACT. Mine didnt have a lot of physics. It had a ton of chemistry. Fair? I dont know, but at least he knows what he needs to succeed. 

When are your national boards? Do you have to travel to take them?

Having all the family so close will be awesome! Be sure to take lots of pictures. I will do better with sending pictures and taking them. It is hard when things that are new and different for you are so normal for me haha 

Well, as far as suggestions go, I'll have some ideas for you next week! Thank you so much!

This transfer I will go to the orthodontist okay?

I have been studying about grace and trying to apply it better in my life. I am so grateful for all the things that the grace of Christ gives me. He love us. He love you and he loves me. Truly love is the essence of the gospel and everything in the universe. It is such a powerful thing and if we can show it to others, it doesnt matter if they show it back or not. That is what I have learned recently. It is all about love!

I love you mom,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment