Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

27 April 2015 "Something is growing on my face!"




Oldest gas station in Brazil.  More expensive than at normal pumps.

Dearest Mother,

This was a week of challenges. Not so many as far as the work goes but more on the personal side. About 2 weeks ago I fell in some sand at a park while exercising in the morning (read: frisbee) and cut my knee. Well, because there are 3 other elders and 1 bathroom, I wasnt able to clean it very fast and it got infected. As a result of some zitties, when popped they didnt heal well so I have had these open sores on my face. I will be going to the mission doctor today and get a antibiotic. So, you may see a charge on the debit card (which expires in June by the way). because of this I have been feeling under the weather and physically drained. Butttttt all will get better after today!

Esfihas!  Mini pizzas that cost $.30 each
The best news I have is that on Friday we will have a baptism! There is a lady in this area who will hit her 1 year anniversary as a investigator on Wednesday. We talked to her last week and I just said "So, what do you think about a baptism on Saturday?" She replied "Okay, I am down for next Saturday." Her husband, a recent convert who received the Mel Priesthood yesterday, looked at her in shock! He couldn't beleive it! When we left the house, her husband was so happy. WE DID IT he exclaimed! 
Thursday Farmer's Market by my house.  Dirt cheap!

But as always, the devil tries to deviate people off the course. We visited her yesterday and she said that we should move the date to the 9th because the 2nd is Fast Saturday and so no one can eat any refreshments. NO, i thought, YOU WILL NOT DO THIS NOW. So, I "sold the popcorn." What is selling the popcorn? Good question. That is being the car salesman that is sooooo good that you walk in wanting a bug and you leave with a ferrari. She likes to quietly be in the spotlight and also likes adventure. So, I told her that she needed to be baptized on Friday the 1st because she will hit her 1 year on the 29th, I will hit my 1 year and 6 months on the 30th, and Elder De Lima will hit his 1 year on the mission on the 1st. "We need to throw a huge party then!" I said. And she was sold. It was incredible to me how the devil tried to use fast sunday as a way to delay someone's baptism! 

You only have one more week of school! Do not stress about these tests. Trust in yourself and being worthy of the Holy Ghost gives you the right to his help to remember the things you studied! I know that you have probably been fasting a lot about this moment but I learned something yesterday in Sacrament Meeting that I would like to share. I learned that fasting is not just for asking for blessings but also for showing our gratitude for the received blessings. I had never noticed that and invite you to do the same (see Alma 45:1). I will certainly put that in to practice as well!

You sure will have a house full of people! Enjoy their company and take lots of pictures! As for the package, I think that I will only need socks. missionary problems. I will probably buy new garments here soon.

Have a fantastic week and best of luck on your exams! You'll ace 'em.

I love ya, mom,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment