Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

25 May 2015

Mom,

Well, the house looks great. I am sure the house will look very different when I get back. I can't really say that my week was any better than yours, though yesterday was pretty good. I went on an exchange with the other american and we got more done in one afternoon than I got done the whole week with Elder de Lima. It just goes to show that when both members of the companionship want to work, you can get a lot done. 

Talking about companions, we had a 5 week transfer. Elder de Lima was transfered and I will be getting my first hispanic companion, Elder Serro. He was trained by de Lima and has quite the bad reputation in the mission. So, we will see how this transfer goes. I will do my best, but I feel like this will be another Elder Mendes situation. 

We have a family that we are teaching that has a ton of problems. People locked up, people that have left home, and lots of alcohol. In fact, we challenged the mom to not drink for one day between our visits. She accepted but said that she would finish her half-empty can. Well, she had left it in the fridge (not the freezer) and after the 30 mins we were there, she went to go finish it. But, the beer was frozen solid. It was only in the freezer for a half hour. She called it voodoo, I call it one of the small and simple ways that God does his work. 

Congrats on passing your boards! I just knew you would! Are there a lot of opportunities in Williamsburg? I dont know how many dentists there are but I am sure you will find something really fast! 

The mission really is the best 2 years for your life. You can really set your course just based on what you do here. If you go on vacation for 2 years, you will most likely be a slacker your whole life. If you really work hard, you will do the same! I think that is the greatest result of a mission. You learn how to work and how to do everything really. 

I will take the money off of the debit card just to have that in case anything happens until the package gets here. That way, i wont have to use the debit card unless there is an emergency. My face has a nice scar on it and it isnt really clearing up. I bet it will happen with more time, but it doesnt help my lack of being photogenic. oh well. 

Thank you for sending the package! you are the best. Thank you for all you do and have done for me. Words cannot describe my gratitude. 

Love ya tons,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment