Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

13 April 2015

Mom,

Oh my word, the talk by Elder Ballard was amazing! The "interview" that he gave was very cool. I really felt like I was being interviewed by him! He asked some very important questions no matter what part of life you are at. 

Mothers Day is so close it isnt even funny. Next week is the 4-months-left mark for Andrew... Isnt that weird? He will head home in August. That is just so close! I hate how close my mission is to ending. But all things must end, right? 

One of the things that I would like to do shortly after returning is go to the temple. I feel like I know so much more that will help me learn more and more there. I miss that place. Being so close to the temple in Utah will really be something that I will take advantage of. I am very grateful for the chance that I had to go in Arizona. It will be such a great experience for Penelope and her mom. 

The work is going well. It could always be better though. Our greatest difficulty is baptismal dates. The mission wants us to invite people to be baptized the saturday after their first visit and for a lot of people that is way too soon. We lost a couple investigators this week that have a lot of potential because they feel like they are being rushed in to it. It is hard and really tries my faith. I dont know if I would have been converted in less than 2 weeks. Sometimes I think about if I wasnt born in to the church and if I would have listened to the missionaries or accepted an invitation to go to church. I am grateful for the situation I was born in. My companion is a really nice guy. He wants to change and he talks a lot as if he has already changed or as if he was super experienced but he isnt and when the time comes to put his words to the test he falters. We have had to knock doors a lot this week and when I say "we", I really mean "I". He talks a big game until we have to clap, then he clams up and doesnt say or do anything. It is hard but it is giving me practice and I hope that he sees that if we both worked, we would have twice the success that we are having now. This isnt something I can just say to him, but rather something that he needs to realize for himself. 

So, the shoes I bought I only use for sunday. The donated pair I use because they are made for walking. Thank you for the inserts, they are bomb :D

I have not had the chance to go to an orthodontist to reglue it. I decided that that is what I will do. 

I am super proud of Austin and the choices he is making. He is a stud. 

Congrats on all that you are doing. I know that it isnt easy having to juggle work, school, and home, but you are doing a great job and are being blessed for it!

Have a fantastic week. I love ya tons!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment