Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

06 July 2015 "A Trio!"

Mom,

Time sure is passing quickly! I dont know how but it is flying by! 

I was transfered to Santos! The area is called Jabaquara and I will be in a trio with the Assistants. I think it is a temporary thing. I will probably train someone who is going to get here late. But I am excited for the opportunity.

Though, this week I had a great experience on Sunday. We were asked by the CTR class to talk about getting letters/drawings from home. So, Elder Lucas and I went to talk to them. After some stories and laughs, each child agreed to write a letter or draw something for a missionary this month. Well, during Testimony meeting I had about a dozen of these kids give Elder Lucas and I drawings. That really touched me. The outpouring of love that these kids showed was incredible. I really felt the Savior's love for me and what the Lord means when He says that we need to become as little children. I felt like I needed to talk about that and how I have felt that during my mission. So, I went up there a man and as I spoke I turned in to a crybaby. Afterwards one of the members who I really respect came up to me and said that he has only admired a select few missionaries but that I was one of them and that I had achieved a love for the people that few missionaries have. He said that my heart was green, yellow and blue. 

I love this country. 
Elder Lucas and I mugging for the camera

I will certainly keep Grandma in my prayers. She is the best. Well, for a package... I think I will need some time to think about what I need. Nothing comes to mind right now. Next week I will let you know. Thanks mom :D
Yeah, we made that!

I love you tons. Thank you for being a great example for me. I will be sure to help you out a ton when I get back. I think that is something that I dont wanna be when I come back is a burden and someone that causes more work for you. That wont be me! I think that is why I will be a little anxious to get out west. 


Love ya mom! Have a great week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment