Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

06 April 2015

Mom,

Funny story, Last pday I had to go to Santos for a meeting and during the meeting my package got there! Thank you so much for the things that you sent! I have to tell you as well, the letters that you wrote to Elder Ettmuller made him super happy. He has called me like 5 times sharing parts of them with me and telling me how awesome you all are. Thank you for doing that for him. I dont think you will ever know just how much that helped him. 

Thank you for your card as well! Can you believe that the next big date that comes up is Mother's day?? That will be the LAST TIME that I call home! How crazy!

I watched the whole conference in English actually. It was a commandment this time to watch it in our native languages. The conference was so great! I loved the Sunday morning session and Elder Bednar's talk was especially good. We were not able to watch the Priesthood session so I am downloading all the speeches from that session and the ones that I liked in Portuguese. I love talks in Portugese. But that one talk with the super long music analogy was hard to follow in English... Everyone talked about how it made no sense in Portuguese haha poor guy. 

Easter here is full of traditions like eating only fish on friday to sunday... but the sister on sunday made shrimp too and that was heavenly. Also, giant chocolate eggs filled with candy (that are really expensive) are popular too. A lady in the ward gave us each a homemade one and it was awesome. Thank you for the Cadbury eggs. I havent eaten any yet... But I cant wait!

The ties were awesome as well! The blue-green one was a huge hit at the mission conference. I got offered a lot of R$R$ for it haha but I just wouldnt let it go :D 

CONGRATS ON THE 90 YOU ARE THE BEST AND I KNEW YOU WOULD DO GREAT! ON TO NATIONALS WHADDUP!

That is so awesome that Boonie will be so close! Careful, they just might want to stay at our house again ;) 

Havea  fantastic week mom, thank you for everything!!! 

I love ya,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment