Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, March 23, 2015

26 January 2015

Family,

Well, I guess I better start with the  big news.  

Elder Ettmuller and I are staying together for at least one more transfer! That means I will be in this area for at least 6 months...  Wow. But the biggest news of all is that Elder Ettmuller and I have been called to be the Branch Presidents here. Yep, that is right, I am a freaking branch president. So, on top of all the missionary work we get to do, we also  have the responsibilities of a branch   president. All interviews and callings will be done by us. Isn't that crazy?  It hasnt been announced  yet to the members but the District president already knows and I bet he isnt too happy about this. It was really a humbling experience and I am excited to serve even more here. 

The field is white all ready to harvest...
So, this week President Cabral came down to interview us. I had a marvelous  experience with him. I asked for forgiveness. I feel like I have not reached my potential as a missionary because of my inner-rebellion and lack of loyalty to him. Not him as a person, but it is more of a "respect the priesthood" thing.  I will receive more blessings as a result of a trusting obedience instead of a reluctant obedience. The Lord has called him and there is so much for me to learn. I may have had disagreements with him in the past, but he is not perfect and I cant expect him to be. As a result, I  am the one who was needing to ask forgiveness and I felt so much better afterwards. I felt like he  trusts me more now and he even told me that over the past 6 weeks I have "ripened" as a missionary, as well as a man, and that I have a lot of potential. It was an edifying experience.

 My  Birthday was pretty normal. Though, it was announced in Sacrament Meeting that it was my  birthday (i wasnt expecting that one) but the best was with a recently reactivated member named Cristina. She gave me a tie and thanked me for all that I have done for her. Her change and  progress has been amazing and it was a humbling moment for me. Hearing the gratitude of someone who has returned to the fold is a celestial experience on the mission. The elders made me pancakes and even bought  frosted flakes ( they cost like  8 american dollars here).  Staying with Elder Ettmuller made it even better though. 

Thank you for all the  birthday wishes! I had a great one and I'll be back in the states for the next one! :D

 cam -  email
Lexi - What a cute dog! Congrats for the responsibility and my fingers are crossed for your birthday #DOGforLexi2015 :D

Love you all!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment