Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, March 23, 2015

16 March 2015

Mom,

Actually I havent seen andrew yet. I will see him on wednesday then again on friday. We are having meetings with Elder Aidukaitis (The "one must not roam through garbage" April 2014 conference guy) and I am super excited for that. 

So before leaving Registro I went to this orthodontist who obviously didnt know what she was doing. She glued it on but put glue over the retainer instead of under it. Later as I was eating on the bus, I bit and off came the glue... Luckily she didnt charge anything! A lot of people say that I should be able to just get it removed... Is that an option or should I get it reglued here in the big city? 

Sister Cabral is the best. She gave us our study for this month and I would like to share it with you. Maybe you guys can do a FHE about this: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2007/04/the-tongue-of-angels?lang=eng 

I have been trying to apply this in my day to day work and it is awesome. I am using less slang and speaking more appropriately (speed, pronunciation, and tone). This has brought me more maturity and more respect from others. We taught a man who is 60 and said that I speak as if I was 50 because of the words that I use and how I use them to convey the message. I dont have to talk like an old man but a disciplined tongue brings respect and reverence and makes it easier for the Spirit to testify of the truth. It was a great testimony builder for me. The effects of this were felt before I studied this talk but it has helped me to "man up" like President asked me to. I am very grateful that he said that to me. 

I dont feel bad for this guy who has to sit for 10 hours without a cell phone. I sat at home all day yesterday with just scriptures, church manuals and phase 10. I havent played phase 10 since I played it with you years ago and I won. You would have been proud ;) But who wouldnt win when your mom is known as Mrs. Milton Bradley ;) 

My new companion is Elder de Lima. He is 10 months in to his misison and is looking to change. He has to change some attitudes but I am trying to show him why he needs to change and that it is possible. He is awesome and we will have a great time together. There are 2 more americans in my house. One has 5 months and the other is from Andrews group but got here 6 months ago. They both speak a ton of english and need to practice their portuguese a lot. I am being pretty strict with them because they really need the practice. But it will all work out!

I love ya mom! Have a great week and check behind the couch for Sadie-bombs.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment