Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, March 23, 2015

23 March 2015

Mom,

Our meetings with Elder Aidukaitis were awesome. Yes, he burned us quite a bit but he gave us a lot of things to think about and to apply. My area is pretty difficult because no one is in the streets so we are going to be knocking a ton of doors! I was pretty grateful for the little chastisment that he gave us. It was a reminder to focus and to work. It has been hard working alone. My companion doesnt like to do contacts so I am the only one who does them. And doing that alone is tough! But I am getting better at it and so is he.

Putting the "Tongue of Angels" in to practice has been the focus of my goals. If I can improve the way that I talk with people, elder or not, the Spirit will be able to be with me and people will feel that. 

I had a super cool experience this week with a kid that I would like to share. There is a family that the parents are recently divorced and it is pretty ugly. They have a 11 year old daughter who is super smarty. She likes to talk back and thinks that she is too cool for school. Well, her Great-Grandma came to watch them one day and this girl was so rude that the grandmother cried. When we got there it was rough. But we sat down and talked with the Grandma for a bit then she left the room to cry. I called the girl over and she sat down by me. There was a moment when Sister Cabral was talking to us about how we should raise our kids. She said that we should use the scriptures and the words of the prophets to correct our kids. So I told her that she should ask forgiveness from her Grandma. She refused. So I opened in D+C and read the verse that says that we should forgive all men. Her countenance changed. She asked if she really had to do it. I said that it was a commandment from God. She didnt wanna go alone so I walked into the kitchen with her and when she got to her grandma's side, she started to cry and as she hugged her Grandma, she asked forgiveness. The Grandma started to cry too and asked forgiveness as well. Truly, we must be like little children to get into heaven. I saw humility and love there. It was a special moment. 

But we have to work harder to find new people to teach. We have some investigators that are super close but just like always, Satan tries to stop them. It really is all down to the agency of the people!

April 28th is your board?? the 30th is Lexi's birthday and my 18 month mark. That will be one great week for ya!

Thanks for being the best! I love ya tons!

ELder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment