Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, March 23, 2015

23 February 2015

God has heard your prayers! A member gave a ton of awesome shoes to some of the elders in my zone and they are going to bring me a pair tomorrow! So now I will have a pair that is perfect and made for walking and one for the meetings that is more dressy. Thanks for the prayers :D 

We have been able to find a couple new people this week. In fact we started teaching this 20 yr old girl named Allana who first talked to the missionaries 19 February 2014 and we talked to her for the first time on 19 February 2015! How cool is that? She wasnt baptized the first time because she felt rushed and that he missionaries were trying to "buy her". She has a little boy and yes, has some chastity problems but she wants to change her life around and being baptized is a dream of hers. After reading the record we had at home about her from a year ago and talking to her, she is definitely ready and willing to change. She is just hesitant that we will be equally pushy with her. But I think that we showed her that we are normal guys and that we understand how important baptism is. 

I know that it may be difficult being here so long without having any real success. Preach my Gospel says that we have to leave each area stronger than when we got there and I really think that I have done that. The members here are way stronger than they were 5 months ago and I have learned valuable lessons about pride, family, service, and love. I am really happy here and I have mixed feelings about the coming transfer (8/03).

I love ya tons! 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment