Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Saturday, August 9, 2014

You like what on your pizza?!!!

21 July 2014

Family,

Interesting food!
Well, this week has been one of the highest mountains and deepest rivers (Imagine Dragons... anyone?). On Tuesday, the ZLs called a meeting with me and the other DL. They burned us about our numbers and the numbers of our district, and informed us about the new "standards of excellence" of the mission. On that day, I was told some pretty hurtful things by on of my ZLs, nearly attacked him, and were given extremely difficult goals to accomplish. Needless to say, Tuesday night was spent in quiet anger and frustration. 

Wednesday, the other LD and I had to burn our districts. I could not do so because I new that most of them were doing their best. So, Elder Ettmuller took over the meeting, burned everyone, then finished the meeting. Blessings! That morning I had read Alma 51 and really felt like that was the answer for me. As we started the work for the day, the first door we knocked was opened by Luis Fernando. His nephew, Julio, came back from work half way through the lesson and participated. To make a long story short, Julio cried during the lesson and accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 26th! We taught him the plan of salvation the following day. I asked if he wanted to know if this plan was real and that families could be something eternal. He responded "I dont WANT to know. I ALREADY know that it is true. I will see you at church on Sunday."

He was at the church at 7:45am. The meetings start at 9:20. He told us that he just couldnt wait to come. A member's daughter was confirmed at the start of sacrament meeting and Julio cried. He cried during every talk (including mine) and cried during every class. He is one of the Lord's elect and if he has no word of wisdom problems, he will be baptized this saturday. Oh, how the Lord blesses!

The work in our area is growing, slowly but surely. Bispo said that my talk was the best talk he has ever heard. He loves Elder Lucas and I. Really the whole ward does. There is an excitement here that has not been here before. Great things are about to happen!
Elder Lucas likes mayonnaise and mustard on rice and pizza!
So that has really been my week! I hope that you all have had a fantastic week and that this coming week is even better!

FALOUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment