Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, August 18, 2014

This week in Good Hope

Family,

How are all you guys doing? I am doing well and am still alive so yeah!

So Monday afternoon I got my new companion, Elder Mendes. He is only 4 months away from going home but he isnt exactly the most obedient of missionaries. It is incredible to see how much "justifying" can ruin a mission. It is super sad really. He is a super good guy but he is just not focused.

As far as the work goes, we got two more investigators but they didnt come to church. In fact, Sunday was our Ward Conference and I was asked last second to sing the 6th verse of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief...alone. So I did. And it was okay. I survived. There were 145 people there and it is just sad that it takes a big event like a conference to get people to come to church. 

I am almost 100% certain that I will be transferred here next transfer so I am trying to do my best every single day. We have a lot of potencial baptisms with the youth of this area but I dont like baptizing the youth because they almost never stay strong in the church. But, we will work with what the Lord will give us.

I know that God lives and that the power of prayer is real. The ability to choose is truly a gift, even though it sometimes frustrates me :) Obedience brings blessings. But it is when obedience becomes a DESIRE that the real blessings come. 

Thank you for the prayers, the love, and for the emails!

Austin - Congrats on getting a job but you gave in to temptation with the new game... If it is something that wont distract you, go for it. But always make choices with the future in mind. Like my companion for example. I have told him 3 times now to stop playing League of Legends here at the LAN house. It is sad. But with Addison, you will learn the great lesson of patience and understand more about free agency. Alma 42:27.

Cam - Email

Lexi - You are not allowed to say that a missionary is HOT. Repent. :P Seeing that one dog has changed your mind about which one you want? Have you thought about earning money to buy the dog yourself? You would get one faster that way ;P Love ya sis!

Love you all,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment