Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Mugged!!!!

28 July 2014


Family!

Brazil: 4th Place in World Cup.
What a week! The week started with the weather close to the 90s and no one wanted to be home all week! Then a couple days ago, the rain came and now it is freezing cold. I AM IN BRAZIL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Unfortunately, Satan was working hard this week too. We didnt meet with Julio at all this week, so no baptism... again. In fact, all of the baptisms that were marked for this weekend fell. It was super strange. So, the Zone leaders asked us to do a fast. Two times this week actually. On the second fasting day, nothing went according to plan. At all. 

To add to our freezing cold and rain filled day, we were robbed on the street yayyyyyyy. The guy only wanted our watches, thankfully, so we have less things to lug around if we get transferred :D It wasnt something that was scary, in fact, I knew it was going to happen earlier in the day. I havent worn my watch in 4 months and that day I had a prompting to wear my watch. I thought it was strange but wore it. If I hadnt been wearing my watch, he probably would have asked for a wallet or our cell phone. God was watching out for us!

Despite the lack of success this week (and the burning I will get tonight from the ZLs) I know that God is still watching over me and I am learning how to be patient. Patience is some thing I am going to need later in life apparently!

Until next week,

Elder Johnson



I saw this massive pig in the street the other day. Like this pig was bigger than Austin at an all you can eat pizza place.

No comments:

Post a Comment