Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, August 11, 2014

Goodbye, Elder Lucas :(

Fam,

I have to start this email with the sad news that Elder Lucas was transferred. I was really hoping that we would stay together  but it just wasnt meant to be. I will be receiving my new companion today but I will talk more about him later. It was an absolute pleasure to have Elder Lucas as my companion. I thought that the transfer would start a little rough and that it would be difficult, but it was the opposite. Training was something I looked at with a lot of fear because the responsibility is insane. But to my pleasant surprise, it was one my favorite transfers here in Brazil. He was transferred to an area in São Vicente so he will be just fine there. 

Basically my zone will be receiving a ton of problem missionaries. My companion will be one of them. If he screws up again, he will be sent home. So, the difficulties will be a bit more difficult but this will be a transfer of faith. Like Dad always says, pray for the miracle and expect the blessing. I will continue as District Leader and both Elder Richards and Elder Ettmüller stayed, so I will continue working with them for 6 weeks. The other district leader has a slight problem with Autism, no leadership experience, and will be training so I will be helping him with his problems as well. Life is full of tests and I am grateful for that. 

In this card I would like to share a couple of the things that I know for sure. I know that God lives. I know that Christ lives. I have felt the presence of celestial comforters. The Atonement of Christ is real. It goes way beyond just meeting the demands of justice and the providing a way for mercy to work. Miracles are not always grand things. Like Nephi, sometimes just being able to obtain food is a great miracle (1Nephi16:29-31). This is an inspired work and revelation is real. The gift of the holy ghost is more that just a constant companionship but it is the means that our Heavenly Father can communicate with us at all times and in all places. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It can answer and question and provide any comfort that may be needed. Gratitude is an enabling ability that we all need to develop. The power of prayer is one of the least understood principles of the gospel. Families are forever and the blessings of the temple do not have a price. 

Austin - Two jobs?! That's what I am talking about! Gotta pay for the mission somehow! Keep being persistant with Addison! There is a difference between persistance and being annoying though :) Safest driver? Wow everyone else must suck at driving :P Congrats on not passing out! I didnt pass out when I did it but it is hilarious when it happens to other people! Peace!

Cam - email

Lexi - How was Utah?? Did you take lots of pics?? I hope you had a great time and that you give mom lots of kisses for taking ya there! Her birthday is here soon so do something special for her! Love ya!

I love you all very much and hope that you all have an awesome week!

Much love,

Elder Johnson  

No comments:

Post a Comment