Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Elder Holland is Coming!

04 August 2014

Family,

Wow it really sounds like you guys have had quite the week. I am sure the whole stay at home and play video games was super draining on Austin and Cameron... Anywayyy ;)

This week we have had bi-polar weather. It was in the 40s on Monday and tuesday but then shot up to break 100 on friday... YAY! Basically, the only place in Brazil that even gets winter weather is the south and here in the state of São Paulo, it is just hot year round. Coming home to cold weather will kick my butt! So, I have picked up some sun and it is pretty stinkin hot here in the tropical paradise called Brasil.

We have one investigator called Sebastião who is super close to getting baptized. He has a lot of relationship problems and we have been teaching him exclusively about forgiveness. All that we have been teaching him was put to the test this week and the way he responded is an answer to him. So, we will be talking to him tomorrow about the 9th for his baptism. He has been an investigator for 3 months, is living all the commandments, but he wants this grudge taken away from his heart. It is difficult, but he is progressing. 

FE means Faith
The mission is really coming down on us to baptize this month before the 19th... Because that is the day that ELDER HOLLAND WILL BE COMING TO TALK TO US. It has already been confirmed that it is him but we cant tell the members who it is. It is super exciting, he will have a meeting with just us missionaries and we will be able to shake his hand WHADDUP. However, this also means that we have to be super obedient and do all that we can until he comes so that he teaches us a profound doctrine and doesnt talk about how much we suck as missionaries. Needless to say, the whole mission leadership is convinced that we will be burned by him so they are being very overbearing about everything.   Elder Lucas and I celebrated our monthly anniversaries this week. I hit 9 months and he hit 1 month in the field. We made chocolate cake then put brigadeiro on top... we made 2 cakes actually... shhhhhhh.  I eat when I am upset okay? ;)

Austin - A phone interview? I hope everything goes well and you get the job! Though, you'll never want to go there with friends haha you will spend all your time there! I still havent been sunburned but I do have a pretty attractive collar tan line #missionaryswag. Is Jared a cool guy? I didnt get to know him before I left. 

Cam - email

Lexi - I miss ya sis! Thank you for all the pics! You look super happy there! Did you read part of the Book of Mormon in Portuguese? When I get back, I'll just speak to you in Portuguese... It will be hard to speak English! The braces look awesome too! Just stop growing up please :) Say hi to everyone for me!

Much love,
Elder Johnson

Elder Lucas and I with our cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment