Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, May 19, 2014

Transferred!!! Sao Vincente, Brazil

Hey there!

Sao Vincente Chapel
So, I was transfered. I am now in São Vincente Ala 3, whose chapel looks like a temple... it is 3 stories and absolutely gorgeous! My new companion is Elder Dourado, he was Elder Bushman's first companion. Small mission huh? So I am in the city of São Vicente and it is wayyyyyyyy different than Enseada was. But I love it! It has been a crazy week, with transfers being so late in the week. However, I love it. The city is getting amped up for the Cup and I will be here for it! This will be an 8 week long transfer so it will be super cool here:D

I live one block from the beach in a TINY apartment on the 12th floor of a skyscraper. Our area is weirdly shaped too. We have members that live 5 blocks from other chapels, but they have to come all the way down to our chapel for church. 

Elder Johnson and Elder Bushman
I am in the same zone as Elder Lopes and have already seen him three times. It is so good to see him often. He is such a stud and is one of my closest friends! Elder Dourado is from a town that is 10 minutes away from the border of the Santos mission... But he is super funny and we laugh a lot. I am just so grateful to have a brazilian companion. This will be the transfer where I grow a ton in the language and on the road to fluency ;)
Elder Johnson and Elder Rodgers (both from Virginia)

I'll send some more pictures that I tried to send last week but I havent taken any pics of the new area yet. But I have a video of Elder Dourado singing Frozen in English... Just wait til you guys see it. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Have a great week everyone!

Nothing but love,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment