Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, May 5, 2014

Satan:1 Elders: 0

Hey family, 

This week has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. It has been one of the more difficult weeks of my mission (up to now). Our baptisms that we had marked did not happen. We got some news about the family situation that have delayed the process. From things I had already noticed I had already deduced this but I was hoping and praying that I was wrong. But I was right. It is incredible how Satan always finds a way to try to delay the work from progressing. But all it is is a delay, they will be baptized but not this transfer. 

Speaking of which, transfers are next week! President Cabral has made this a 4 week transfer and I think I will be leaving this area. I feel like I cannot progress anymore here. Maybe I am wrong and will stay but I dont think I will.

It is a 2 week long national holiday here and so no one is in school and a lot of people arent working. We have received promptings to not visit investigators only to later here gunshots coming from the area by their house. Yes, it has meant limited success and few lessons but I know that it has been for our physical protection and is all thanks to your prayers. Thank you for all your prayers for me. It blesses me in ways that I will not notice until after the fact.

Mothers Day is just around the corner and I am so excited to talk to you guys! I hope my English is still good... I have been practicing with my comp haha I think I will be skyping you guys on saturday if every thing works out. If any of you wont be home then let me know asap :D. The mission isnt giving us a ton of time to skype/call but we will see!

Austin - "Desculpes enfracessem a caráter dos homens" - Gordon B. Hinkley. Hahaha no, I'm just pulling your leg :D And no, the police havent caught me, nor will they. I am a ninja. Everyone here has been talking about Captain America 2. Have you seen it yet? There are a ton of movies that I wanna see but I'm living one right now! That is crazy that all the youth are moving. That is what we get for having so many moving in a couple years ago. Best of luck on the AP human test. I did not take that class so I have no pointers for you. Not like you would even need them you smarty pants you.

Cam - I had this dessert called sweet hominy which is basically like rice pudding but with white corn put in there as well as rice. It was pretty delicious but reminded me a ton of home! I am sure that your physical growth has been astounding. Just dont send another shirtless selfie ya weirdo :P

Lexi - Hey Sista! I cannot believe that you are 10! Double digits! That cake looked super good! I hope you had an amazing birthday and I'll be wishing with ya that you get a dog next year! But so much is going to happen in a year, goodness gracious! My companion is pretty cool and is kinda like JT and Wes Adkins (I dont think you remember wes) But anyway, have a good week!

I hope you all have a fantastic week,

Nothin but love,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment