Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, June 2, 2014

26 May 2014

 Hey Family!

What a week it has been! It is my second week now in the new area and I love it! It is super cool and way different than Enseada, which I loved. Some things are better, some things are worse but the internet here is crazy fast so I can and will send more pictures this transfer.


Elder Dourado and Elder Johnson
 First, my companion. Elder Dourado is a stud! He is so funny, but he is a perfect companion. He is patient with me and is helpful in a ton of ways. It also helps that he is freaking hilarious. He says some of the funniest things. He likes to sing... a lot... in english... it is the funniest thing ever. Elder Bushman really liked him and  I do too. His 10 month anniversary was yesterday and it was great. is already number 2 on my companion list. Beating Elder Netane will be hard but he just might do it. 

 in our area our biggest trial is marriages. No one is married in this town! It is rather annoying and we have to play marriage counselor for half of our investigators. But the work is progressing! We found a family to teach and I am super excited for them! We will be giving them the first lesson this week and I am so stoked!

I am serving in Ala 3, Ward 3, here in São Vicente and the building is the stake center. That is why it is so massive. Cool fact, the cultural halls here dont have basketball hoops! It is so weird to not see them. They have soccer goals in the parking lots. Crazy huh? 

The youth in this ward are crazy... they all call me Tintin (well here its pronounced chinchin) (This is due to Zac's haircut resembling the hair of the main character in the movie "The Adventures of TinTin.")but they are all nice. There is something about American missionaries that everyone loves. I dont know. But we had an activity last night for one of the other wards and they all freaked out because I have "clear eyes"... Brazilians.


The members here are awesome and we eat really well. We dont have to take the bus a whole lot so we can buy more food. The 10:00 rumblies are the worst!


This week was the "Weekend of Baptisms" where President said that every missionary will baptize this weekend. We didnt. Most of the mission didnt. So there is a lecture coming for sure about how we dont have faith and personal righteousness. It is a bunch of bogus that I dont agree with but whatever! If the mission president says I dont have faith, then I guess I don't.


 It was hard to do anything productive this week because we were called at the last second to do interviews. Either that or the sister missionaries always needed us to do something for them. Sister missionaries are awesome but they are the most needy group of people ever. They called us for the smallest and least important things but we have to help them out.


Shoes worn out in the service of the Lord
 Life is such an adventure. I think that is what I love most about my life right now. Every time I walk out of the door of our apartment building there is always one giant question mark. What will happen today? There is something adventurous about walking out into the street and not really knowing what will happen. It is the greatest ever.

So, that has been my week! Not anything super exciting but it will get better!

Austin - I hope you had a great time at the temple! Last night President Cabral said that EVERYTHING in this church is here for the sole purpose of taking the family to the temple. Literally everything in this life, that has celestial importance, revolves around the temple. The blessings of the temple are the most precious and ones that you dont really think about until you are a missionary and your one goal is to get families there. Family is what life is all about. I hope you realize how special your opportunity was to be baptized for Penelope's relatives. It is a huge honor to be baptized for the family of someone you know. I still remember being baptized for some of Sister Plumley's relatives and how grateful she was that I was worthy to perform the ordinances. You never know the extent of the impact you have on people.

Cam - Getting taller! Dad sent me a picture of you and Austin at the temple and bro that tie is sick. Instant tie envy right now. I never understood the importance of awesome ties until the mission. Literally your tie is the only thing you can change in your day to day clothing. I hope you had a great time there. Honestly, the DC temple is the most beautiful and is MASSIVE compared to other temples. Count your blessings!

Lexi - You saw the book thief ! I am so jealous!  I bet it was awesome. I wish I had the book but I don't. It is worth the buy! Maybe it could be a late birthday present ;) I hope you did well at your irish dance recital! Are you still the best one there? ;) Have a good week sis :D

Have a good week everyone!

Nothing but love,

No comments:

Post a Comment