Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Friday, May 2, 2014

Almost 6 months.....

Hey there family!

Well I am almost at my 6 month mark... Can we just take a second to think about how fast time flies?? It really does not feel like I should be a quarter of the way done with my mission. But wow I am so grateful for every thing that has happened. Every trial, test, joy, and adventure.

I totally forgot to tell you about what happened the day of transfers. Elder Thurgood and I had no money to get to Santos, so we had to stop by a bank to withdraw some money from the ATMs. It was 5:45 in the morning and all ATMs are inside banks here in Brazil. We tried one bank but it was closed. We headed across the street to another bank. The door was unlocked so we walked in, relieved. As we turned to walk to the ATMs, THE BANK ALARM GOES OFF. Like what the heck?? The door was unlocked!! So, we booked it out of the bank and just decided that we would never go back there. No police showed up, and we ended up getting money at another bank. Moral of the story: Missionaries are too gangster for Brazilian banks.

Well this week has been pretty good. We have two baptisms marked for this coming saturday so if all goes well, we will baptize a single mom and her 11 year old daughter :D The work is progressing but people's agency is frustrating sometimes. 

President Cabral came to our ward yesterday and also to the group in PerequĂȘ. He drove us home but drove on the beach. In the water. Saying the whole time "Look at these apostate missionaries going to the beach in front of the Mission President. It is always the Americans!" He is one of the funniest men to live.

I know the gift of tongues is real. I know that God watches over us. I know that. I have understood words that I have never studied. I have given blessings and said words that I still to this day do not know. How great is this calling!

We also got power back after being without power in the house for 8 days. We have been blessed with really cool nights now but being without a frigde, light, and a washing machine was hard. We dont know what was wrong or how it came back. It just came and we are so grateful!

Dreams are crazy now. It is like my mind is caught in this limbo between English and Portuguese. Needless to say, the phone call will be interesting. Yes, it will be a skype call. It makes things so much easier that way! It will also be on the saturday before so keep an eye on the email and i'll let you know!

I hope you guys have had a fantastic week and have an even better one this week!

Count your blessings,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment