Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Thursday, January 8, 2015

15 December 2014

Family,

Well, I hope you are all having a blast on the cruise! I hope you guys have the best time ever and take a ton of pictures! (not of the fat family members please :)

Thank goodness the transfer has ended... kind of. We still haven't heard any news about the transfer so it will either happen tomorrow or worst-case scenario is that it will happen next week. So, as of right now, I am still with Elder Machado. It is a...blessing :)

Yesterday was our District Conference and it was the saddest day of my life actually. President Rosseto was released as District President, which is what we expected. But he was also release as branch president. The guy they called to be the new District President is a slacker and they didnt even call a new Branch Presidency. The Sisters cried, some of the members cried, President Rosseto cried, and I had watery eyes. (the tears didnt fall, so it doesnt count as crying. 

President and Sister Cabral were there as well and we heard some sad news. We are not allowed to listen to any Christmas music. I think we are the only representatives of Christ that cant even listen to music celebrating his birth. I am still a little angry about that. Then she told us that she hated the redition of "If the Savior stood beside me" that we did. I actually made an arrangement of the song and she said that another Elder should have played the piano. Thanks Sister. 

Also, President Cabral had a talk with me that really hurt. I feel like I am doing all that I can here and after the things he has said, I feel like even after all I have done, I have wasted the last 13 months of my mission. So, I guess I can't really say I am 100%. I am about 90. So dont worry :D

Andreia and her daughter missed the bus and so they werent there. They also called us to say that they would probably be traveling all during January. But a miracle will happen and they will stay here and not travel so that they can be baptized :)

It is pretty disappointing that there havent been any Christmas lights put up here. Only on the main street there are a little bit... Without lights and Christmas music, it really doesnt feel like Christmas here. But that is good because that means no homesickiness. 

Dont worry, be happy :D

Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment