Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Sunday, January 25, 2015

12 January 2015: It is getting hot!

Fam,

Well, what a week we have had! It has been crazy hot, like we have bought four 20 gallon jugs of water just this week alone. But, we have been so blessed! We had one day where everyone seemed to say yes. We taught 6 lessons, all with new investigators, and we left 4 with baptismal commitments. It was a day of miracles! 

But some sad news that I got was that President Rosseto asked to be released. That is just some thing you do not do. The Lord calls you, the Lord releases you. The difficulties we experience in our callings are what prepare us to see the Lord while still on this earth. So, do not ask to be released okay??

Together, Elder Ettmuller and I have been reading "Calling upon the Powers of Heaven" by Grant Von Harrison. It is a pretty amazing book and because of the things I learned, I had the most spiritual experience I have ever had while giving a blessing. Faith is a powerful thing. 

I dont know if I can adequately describe how much I have learned with Elder Ettmuller already. But we are a pretty good team. The Sisters refer to us as Holmes and Watson. I am totally Holmes. 

We go running every morning and then Ettmuller usually does some sort of jiu jitsu nonsense that always ends up with me on the floor. I will win one day. He was about to have his first professional MMA fight but one week before he got his call. So, he knows what he is doing haha He wants to teach me some stuff and he showed me like 10 different ways to kill someone the other day. I sleep with one eye open, one foot out the door, and the fan on MAX.

Anyways, I hope you all have a fantastic week and that you are all dong family scripture study!

Love you all!

Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment