Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

10 November 2014: A Week of Firsts

Family,

Well, I have had a week of firsts. 

This week I had my first "fight" with my companion. He was frustrated with our situation and decided to take it out on me. I literally said nothing back. I was pretty proud of myself. Though, I spent the night thinking hard about the things he said and realized that it was just a stress-induced mess of nonsense that he had said. So, the next morning, I sat him down and gave my side of it. I haven't really been able to see how much I have changed/improved (as far as character goes - portuguese I am basically fluent) but that morning I had an experience with patience that I was really happy with. We worked everything out and spent this week the most united we have been all transfer. 

The other first was that this has been my first transfer working directly with Sister missionaries. What a joy it has been! The power that follows obedient and focused Sisters is amazing. In other zones, the sisters have been iffy but this transfer has changed the way I look at sister missionaries. We have had 3 here in my area but one was transferred. So that brings me to the transfer news.

For the first time on my mission I stayed with my companion. So, it is almost guarunteed that I will be here until my birthday and I am actually okay with that. I love this area and even though we have a ton of challenges, it is a joy to work here. We will receive another set of Elders in our house (so 6 missionaries in one branch... yay) so the cleanliness of our house is about to take a severe blow. Hopefully there wont be too many problems.

Austin - There are better places to work than Maxfit :D Try one of the golf clubs. Driving around rich people in golf carts could be mad fun. That is what everyone in my grade tried to do. Or try to find something different and challenging. Enjoy the new COD. It is on sale here for R$500...

Cam - email

Lexi - How do your teeth look without the braces??? I never got to see you with braces in person... haha that is sad. You are going on a cruise? That is news to me!

Love you all!
Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment