Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

03 November 2014: HUMP DAY

Family,

I was glad to see that ou all had a great Halloween and were able to celebrate with the Elders of the ward. We had some crazy Halloween shenanigans (which was the cause of me almost throwing out my back... but that is a story for another time). Oh my word, that t-shirt was the best! One of the elders from my group (Elder haygood) got the same shirt from his family and so next time I see him, we are gonna wear it and take a picture together! Thank you so much!
Elder Machado, Sisters Rueda, Silva & Fernandez

Well this week we were not able to do a whole lot of teaching this week due to the massive activity that the Sisters planned for Friday. It was a ton! Nearly three whole days were dedicated to this Halloween party. We had a budget of R$1000 but we spent R$703 so I was happy about that. But we had to cut, glue, hang, inflate, tie up, lift, and slide a ton of stuff just to make it happen. I will send some pictures in another email.

But the party was a huge success. We had about 120 people there and about 85% were not from the branch or members at all. We had games, music, and a ton of food.
Hump Day Pizza

The night before the party, I hit my one year! We ordered a pizza and that was about the extent of my celebrating. I am such a party animal, I know.
Can you believe it?

Well, I would like to close this letter with a couple comments. I am super happy with how much I have progressed thus far, and I really have been blessed this past year. I was able to read my journal from my first 134 days and there are some big changes. There is still a ton that I have to improve on and that is the hardest part but it will happen. Being able to improve is one of the greatest gifts that the Atonement of Christ gives us. The Atonement is so much more than just paying the price of the sins of the world (though, that is a major part of it). Change is real and urgent!

One year down, one to go.... On to the next!


Austin - That is so lame. At least now you can get a better job and have the chance to progress! Unfortunately, you can't really "move up" at maxfit, but look for another place that has advancement opportunities. We all have bad weeks but they always come before the good ones! Keep up the good work!

Cam - email

Lexi - 4 teeth in 2 weeks??? You are almost toothless! Do better than I did with retainers... Actually use them:D It is really important, and although it is annoying, you only have to use them at night when you are sleeping! I hope you had a good week and eat a ton of candy for me!

I love you all!
Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment