Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, September 29, 2014

Zone Leader in Registro

Fam,

What a week! I got here in Registro on Wednesday night at midnight... it was a long bus ride (one that I have to take again today!). But deciding where to start is going to be hard...

Basically, my area is 10 cities. Yes, 10. And yes, we have investigators in 4 of them. So, we have to be super careful about when we plan things and we have to use almost all of our money on bus fares. We have a branch here that is pretty weak but there are some awesome people in it. The branch president looks like Bro. Potter and his wife looks like Sis Bealer. But they are hilarious and freaking awesome so it is all good. This city was built by the Japanese and there are a ton of steep hills... Walking all day is very tiring. I will lose some weight here! 

This zone is known as the "punishment zone". Basically, you break the rules and get exiled here. Leading these elders and sisters will be hard, as they know why they are here and do not respect you. But I am really excited for the challenges and the necessity that I have here to grow and improve. 
View out our window

My Companion, Elder Henrique Machado, is pretty cool. Honestly, a little  "different" and kind of lacks in the social skills department, but that does not stop him from doing contacts and trying (TRYING) to make jokes in the lessons. He has already hit his year mark and really knows his Bible. I feel like we will be a good team though we will need some time to work out some kinks. We have a huge house and it is just us in it so I can't complain. Though, my comp managed to break the fridge, so we are limited in the food department. Just keep swimming!

We had a mission conference about Keeping the Sabbath Day holy... and I discovered that I didnt do a good job keeping that commandment at home. Many of my Sunday activities will change when I get back home. Learn what I learned by watching this: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-07-053-upon-my-holy-day?lang=eng 

Austin: Thanks for all the deets! Sounds like you are making the most of your time! Keep up the good work! I think I had Mrs. Smith as my english teacher... Sophmore year. If it is her, I hope she doesnt hate you because of me haha Those were some great Spirit week ideas! I hope you took some pictures! And all those bands would come to VA when I am in Brazil.... Oh well, I will see them when I get back! Love ya brooooo

Cam - email

Lexi - congrats on your quiz score! Are you still doing Irish Dance?? My new companion is pretty cool! He is short and kinda weird but he is chill. I hope you feel better and stop throwing up!

Love you all,

Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment