Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, September 22, 2014

Baptizing, Transfers and New Opportunity

Family,

Elder Johnson and Igor
Well, I will share some awesome news first. Igor was baptized on Saturday, then yesterday was confirmed and ordained a teacher! It was so awesome! He asked me to baptize him at the last moment and I was very honored to do so. Not only that, his mom came to church on sunday to watch the confirmation and has asked us to visit her husband. She isnt a member and her husband doesnt like religion but she thinks we are up to the challenge. We were also asked to visit the less active family members of active members. Needless to say we gained a ton of member trust this transfer and all the members are just loving us!

But Elder Mendes and I were transfered. Yep, even after all we have done and after the begging of our Bishop and other members, President has transfered us both. I am being sent to the furthest south part of our mission: Registro. I will also be a Zone Leader, so Elder Richards was right about that part haha. He will stay here as a Zone Leader. Elder Mendes will go to Ilha Bela and he is super happy about that. 

The newest member of the LDS church
I am really excited for the opportunity I have now to help more missionaries with my oh-so-vast amount of experience. I am humbled by the call and I will do my best. Things will be hard there. It is a district (smaller than a stake) and only has branches with a small amount of members. I am up for the challenge and God will help me through the challenges. He always has and always will!

Austin - Lookin sharp on Murica Monday. I hope you have a good week! Bro, your birthday is here soon! Go do something crazy! But not too crazy! Get excited for General Conference! I am so stoked for it! Have a good week!
Cam-youknowwhattodo
Lexi - Long time no talk sis! How are you doing? How is sachool and Irish dance? I hope you are having a super fun time! 

Love you all,
Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment