Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, September 22, 2014

LATE POSTING from 09/01/2014

Family!

Elen's baptism
Well this was an awesome week. It really was one of the best week of the mission. Elen was baptized on Sunday! It was such a special day. We had over half the ward there and it was the most spiritual baptism that many of them had ever attended. She was baptized by Diego, who is the best member the church has and she was confirmed by the second counselor of the Stake Presidency, President Arauju (from Enseada). I literally cannot describe (in English or Portuguese haha) what I felt during that sacred experience. 

There are few moments in life where you feel like you are touching heaven. Some I have already experienced and some will come later in life. But I dont think I have ever been so happy nor felt so much love. She is only 12 but her mom came back to church and was in tears the whole time. She calls us her "sons" and could barely get out the "thank you" after it was all done. I couldn't have asked for a better baptism for them. And really it was their day. There really was a party in heaven on Sunday.

Beyond the baptism, there really wasnt much that happened. I went on a division with Elder Richards again and I went on another division 2 days later to help another Elder with "lazy" investigators. The problem turned out to be a lack of effort on the teaching side. That was sad to see. 

Saturday night we went to a stake activity with all the ward choirs and it was awesome. I was able to see a ton of members from Enseada again and it was nice to hear how much they were sad that I left so quick. 

Also, I did the baptismal interview for one of Andrew's investigators that I met when I was in Enseada. He works at a store in Enseada that I went to a lot and I had a couple conversations with him about the church. Well, he lives in Andrew's area and the missionaries found his sister while tracting. He listened in on a lesson and that was all he needed! He was baptized on Saturday and has already asked to go on splits with the Elders. He is 18 and wants to serve a mission. He truly is one of God's elect! 

Whatever happens this week (If I am transferred or not) I will be super happy. We have some more people with baptismal dates for the coming weeks and hopefully the ward is more excited and willing to help us out!

On to the next,

Austin - Did you get one of those hipster haircuts?? I saw the ice bucket video and I thought u had that kind of haircut. Cool! I hope you have an awesome first week of school. What are you taking?? Send da deets.

Cam - email.

Lexi - Dont be a bum! send your email so that I can send you one too! Have a good week at school! 

Love you all,

Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment