Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Chipped Tooth and World Cup Craziness

Hello family of mine!

So, I have had a crazy week. I went to a dentist, half my face was numb for a couple hours, found out about what we have to do during the world cup, had a stake conference, and found 2 of the elect here in São Vicente! 

The dentist trip... was interesting. Nerve-wracking really. But it is over now! Until next week that is...

We have picked up some new investigators thanks to the English Classes. And one of them introduced us to 2 of her sons and they have all accepted baptismal dates! The work is progressing but getting the investigators to church is our biggest trial. Sunday morning laziness is huge here. 

My portuguese is improving, slowly but surely. I can understand almost everything but talking fast and smooth is a struggle still. Telling stories are the worst. I need to get better!

The Cup starts on the 12th and goes until July 8th and we have to stay home on the days that Brazil plays. Literally all day. We can leave for lunch, but we have to go back home and stay there all day. We cant watch the games or listen to them on the radio. How fun is that? There will be a ton of boredom the next couple weeks.This place is going nuts. A ton of the streets are painted in gorgeous ways for the cup. I need to take some pictures. There are flags in all the windows and everyone is wearing the jerseys! It is exciting but disappointing because we cant participate.
 
Our stake conference had 2 General Authorities there and we watched a pre-recorded broadcast from Salt lake. Did you know that Richard G Scott knows how to speak portuguese? Well, he can and he gave his entire talk in portuguese. Though, it was like a speech by Obama. He paused after every couple of words and kept shifting around. It was pretty cool though. 

During the Saturday meeting of the conference, the GA sent everyone out of the chapel and into the street to make contacts with people for 20 mins. We recieved soooooooo many references. It was an answer to prayes for sure and really left the other missionaries in our zone incredibly jealous. It really helps when the entire stake does missionary work in your area :)

But some members brought two people with them into the meeting after the 20 mins were up. Luiz and his son Richard (spelled this way but not pronounced the same) joined us in the meeting then came back the next day for the broadcast! We have an appointment set up for tomorrow with them! Who knows, a baptism could be close!

Elder Dourado and I made a calendar thing that has everything that we have to do in a day to be EXACTLY obedient to every mission rule/goal. We have not been perfect, but we try our hardest every day and we are receiving the blessings for it!

That's been my week and I hope you guys had a great one!

Austin - 12 numbers?! PLAYAAAAA. But congrats on the grades and doing well on the exams! Your schedule is pretty good but I hope you realize that you do less work in APUSH than the other class :) APUSH is a hard class but it was my 2nd favorite that I took. AP GOV takes the cake! Keep doing the #NiceOGramFriday. You have no idea how much something that simple can mean to someone! Even if they write you a great thank you, there are some things that words cannot describe. Love ya broskie

Cam - email

Lexi - Are you sure that your teeth are white? ;) Congrats on being moved up! All your hard work is paying off! Who knows, you might just be an expert when i get back. I can dance too. The cha-cha slide :) I cannot believe that you will be in the 5th grade. I remember my teacher, Mrs Perger like it was yesterday! She was one of my favorite teachers there at Clara Byrd Baker. I went there when we moved to Williamsburg and now I'm on a mission. WHY AM I SO OLD?!?! Have a good week sis. Love ya!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment