Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Thursday, March 6, 2014

My First Baptism!

Family,

It sure sounds like you guys are having a hectic time there in VA... Snow, dad giving birth, Imagine Dragons, doing amazing on tests... The blessings (except not the kidney stone haha) are raining down from heaven! 

Well this week in Brazil is Carnaval which basically means ´´when the sun goes down, the clothes come off´´. It is basically a giant beach party and everyone from Sao Paulo comes here because of the beaches... So, we have a 6pm curfew. SIX PM. We have had to do this since friday and will have to do it until this thursday. Needless to say, the work has been very slow and to use the words of my companion: This place is Babylon.

Speaking of my companion.... He is getting transferred tomorrow! So is Elder Lopes so it is just Elder Rocha and I holding down the fort here. I will find out who my new companion is tomorrow but everyone thinks I am going to train, which I do NOT feel prepared to do. My language skills have increased dramatically this week. Though my vocab is still limited, I can form sentences and when I speak english with some of the other Americans, it is HARD. I say portuguese words instead of english words... I AM SO EXCITED TO NOT BE ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH!! All is well on the language front. I have got heavyweight patience now... HA estou brincando!

But here is the surprise:

FRIDAY WAS MY FIRST BAPTISM! The funny thing is, she wasn´t our investigator. She was Lopes and Rocha´s investigator but she chose me to baptize her! I taught Antõnia 2 times on exchanges with Lopes and I hardly could speak! I was so stunned when she said that she wanted me to baptize her... I am still shocked honestly... I will send a picture later! But how cool is that?! My first baptism was on Day 123, which I think is pretty cool too.

Anyways, I hope all is well and you guys are enjoying the cold weather because I am dreading coming home to cold weather!

Have a good one!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment