Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, March 31, 2014

I have to pay how much to pick up my package?!

Dearest family:

No, I have not forgotten about you. No, I did not forget to write you all. Yes, I am still living. No, I have not been jumped yet. Yes, I feel fine. No, I did not plan on starting this letter like this.
Well, now that i have answered all of Mom's questions, lets get started ;)

This week has been quite the week. The highlight of it was finding a 17 year-old investigator named Bruno. So we went out with the bishop's son who is leaving on his mission on April 10. He wanted to visit Bruno, his friend. We got started with the first lesson (the Restoration) and Elder Thurgood recited the first vision. After waiting for 10 seconds, Thurgood asks Bruno how he feels. Bruno literally shakes, has goosebumps, and then asks "Could you say that story again? I have never felt so happy in all my life. Please?"

Yeah, I died. Right there. After the lesson, he committed to pray and come to church and asked if we could come back the next day. When we came back, he had two other friends there! Needless to say, it was an awesome experience. But unfortunately, he didnt come to church so he wont be able to be baptized before Vitor (Bishops son) leaves :(

That really was one of the most spiritual lessons ever. Everything that day seemed to be going right before that. It was a great day. 

So, this week I have been studying the section in Pregar Meu Evangelho about developing christ-like attributes. Yes, I have a lot of work to do and many ways to improve. Humility (taking the high road), Faith, and patience are among my biggest challenges right now. Studying does nothing however, without application.

A funny thing happened this week too! During a lesson, there was a gunshot literally 3 houses down. Later that day, at night, we were walking past a house in a different part of town. As we pass this house, they set off fireworks. Because of the gunshot earlier, my first thought was "I cant believe my mission ends like this." Thurgood started to run then stopped because I wasnt running. I was just waiting to feel something painful. But then we realized that it was fireworks, and speed walked to the bus stop. Sometimes, I feel like James Bond here. 

So, that is really it for this week. Rodgers and Rocha had a baptism and we are getting close to having 3 soooooo we are working hard here.

For General Conference, we will be watching it at the chapel. The whole ward will be there! Yes, it will be in portuguese. But we might be able to watch it in English in the Clerks office. Maybe. But I am torn whether I even want to watch it in English or not. I am kind of leaning towards the no.... But we will see!

Great news! Your package arrived! Bad News! I have to pay R$157 to pick it up because of size/contents. SO new plan. Only small packages and not very often. Ta bom? I will have to withdraw from my debit card because I dont have that much money to spare with the regular allowance we get. But thank you for sending something :D

Life will be crazy this month! On Lexi´s 10th birthday, it will be my SIX MONTH mark. Already! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I do not feel like it should be that long this soon! 

Andrew called me last p-day and the whole call was in portuguese. Talk about weird. It was like I was calling home but I was talking portuguese... Crazy!Well fam, I have officially been out for 5 months and one day. Crazy huh? It really feels like time flies!

Have a good week everybody!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment