Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Study of Alma

Wellllllllllllllll this week has been kind of dull here. We are focusing more on "the rescue" and it is paying off. We had a ward conference this sunday and we doubled the attendance of the ward... Yeah, I'd say that our work paid off too. But we have had difficulty meeting with our investigators this week so the work has slowed down.
Other than that, I am having an absolute blast here. I am loving the area, the ward, and my companion. He needs a reminder to chill and laugh every now and then but I have laughed so much more this transfer than last transfer. It has been a nice change. Also, Sister Cabral has told us to complete studies of Alma 5, 41-42, and then 43-63. It is quite a lot of reading, but I am doing a study of Alma 41 and 42 right now and I am learning so much. President Cabral told us that if we truly understand the lessons in these two chapters, all difficulties in our life will seem small. Sure, these chapters help us gain an eternal perspective, but the lessons are still the same. The hardest part about these studies are that they have to be written in portuguese.
Speaking of Portuguese, I am understanding more and speaking more fluidly. Speaking English is actually hard. I speak a mix of English and Portuguese when I try to speak English. So, as hard as the Portuguese is, I am more comfortable speaking Portuguese than I am speaking English... Coming home will be strange for sure :D

I love Elder Thurgood. We work, we laugh, we joke, we teach. It is like Elder Netane all over again. We talk a lot of Portuguese and are both learning a lot.
I don't wear my glasses a ton here. I dont have a ton of headaches for some reason. Usually if I get a headache, I wear them but when it goes away, i take them off. Elder Lopes nailed me in the face with that football you guys sent last transfer and they got bent just a little. But it is all good!
We had a meeting with pres and sis Cabral this week and Sis Cabral talked to me for 20 mins about Andrew. I am actually super excited to see him!
Mothers Day is so close! I think it is next transfer. But I am already on week 21 of the mission and i only have 83 left... That is actually scary to me! I feel like I should have more time than that! IT is just motivation to work harder. But dont expect very good English during that call... Writing is so much easier than speaking it.

We might have a baptism this week (fingers crossed) and another two next week. We are working our hardest and are coming home exhausted. I love the mission. I love the work. I love the challenge. I love the person I am now.

Elder Wiscombe (American) got a football and a basketball sent to him so all the Americans in our zone played some American sports this morning... so refreshing. Elder Thurgood and I rocked our America socks too :D

I hope you all have a great week!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment