Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 11: Not feeling so hot..in the desert.

Well, this has been the roughest week of the whole mission. We had to drop our investigator so now we don't have anyone taking lessons at this point. Laziness killed our investigator. She would not work at all to gain a testimony and honestly, the gospel takes work and effort. Everything that lasts in this world and the next requires work. THEN on thursday our WML fed us Papa Johns anddddddd I got food poisoning! YAY! I threw up 8 times in the night and it was not fun :) But it's all good now! Better to have that happen now than in Brazil! Even though I felt queasy and only got 3 hours of sleep, I was up at 6:30 and tracting all the next day. I didn't come on a mission to sit on my butt and do nothing! The weather here is so nice and I keep hearing about the ice storms that are nailing the East coast right now. Any of that get to you guys?
 
Elder Holland cancelled last second on us! So, we heard from Elder Jim L Wright instead and it was really good! For having to talk to a room full of missionaries who were expecting Elder Holland, he did a fantastic job and I learned so much about work and staying focused!
 
Yes, this week was tough but I still love the mission. You meet all sorts of people and there is none of that Southern Hospitality here. I miss that the most! You say hi to people and they just keep on walking! Lameeee. I'm glad you guys liked the photos! Yeah, those guys are crazy and I love them to death. I'll do my best to send more before I leave!
 
Austin - TWO EMAILS IN ONE WEEK I THINK I"M GONNA DIE. haha just kidding. Bro you have got some great goals (don't lie, I know your KD sucks :)). Keep working hard in school! It'll pay off, I promise! You are doing a fantastic job, just keep it going for one more semester!
 
Cam - email
 
Lexi - How have you been?? I was given a picture by this little girl in our ward and it reminded me of all the times you did that to me when I was home! I miss ya tons and I hope your braces aren't killing ya!
 
Well, next week I think you'll be hearing from me on tuesday because next week is the end of the transfer, so we'll see if I move or get a new comp or stay here!
 
See you tomorrow,
 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment