Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Friday, January 17, 2014

It's Here!!! It's Here!!!!!

VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I got my visa and I leave for Brazil on Monday! My flight leaves at 4pm here so expect a phone call monday afternoon/evening! It's crazy how it all worked out!
 
We got to go to the Gila Valley Temple on Wednesday and after we got out, I saw that we had gotten a text. It was from the guy in charge of money. It said: "Hi, I didn't know Elder Johnson was leaving monday. So elder johnson should take out $20 of the $40 that I put on the card and I will delete $40 on the next load." As I read that, my heart stopped. I'm leaving Monday?! That can't be right! So I called him and said that I had heard nothing about my visa. "Oh, crap... I shouldn't have told you..."
 
Well 15 minutes later I got a call from President Killpack and he told me that they had recieved my visa and that I would be leaving on Monday. Wow.
 
So I was kinda glad I opened my package from you guys. Thank you SO much. You guys really went above and beyond. I don't know why I'm so lucky! I hope you guys haven't sent anything recently because I don't know if I'll get it.
 
Besides the visa news, I had my first "bible bash" experience yesterday. These two pentecostal guys came up and chewed us out for a solid 45 mins. I was so frustrated. Finally I asked if we had changed their minds. "No you haven't." "Well you haven't changed ours either but it was great talking with you so good bye!" I replied. "One last question, please," asked one of them. "Will we see you in heaven or will you see us?"
 
Now, what I said wasn't very Christ-like but I had to say it. "Well, you guys are a bit older than us, I imagine you'll get there first so I guess we'll see you there!" They were stunned by my response. They walked away, having wasted their time and seeing us leaving with smiles on our faces and talking with someone else. Bible-bashing is lame and a total waste of time.
 
Well, I think that's it for this week. I'll be calling monday night so get excited :D
 
Love you guys!
 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment