Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 10: Tucson

Hey fam!
So, I don't really have any crazy stories this week. I am sending home my 1st memory card and there is a video of me talking in the end so watch that! Honestly, this has been a pretty good week.
My first apartment
We haven't found any solid investigators though. Heather's date got moved to the 25th so my first convert baptism could be on my BIRTHDAY! How cool would that be?? But I would like to share a little thought with you guys:
Elder Netane and me













In Alma 27, Alma experiences joy so great that he falls to the earth in thanksgiving. The very next verse asks us to try to be "humble seekers of happiness." That phrase really stands out to me. I'm all about happiness so I was wondering how I could be that. My mission president gave us a thing called the Fourth Missionary (read it, it is awesome). In it, the guy gives a definition of what happiness really is. Happiness is having righteous works AND righteous desires. Now, how do we have righteous works? I have started the D+C this week (on Section 47, whaddup!) and the Lord constantly gives us the answer: Keep my commandments. The answer is obedience. It all comes down to the things we view as "boundaries" are actually things that keep us safe! Watch the Mormon Message from Elder Holland about "Staying in the Lines." Rules are just like the string of a kite, without the string that "holds it back," we can't rise to our highest heights. I can promise you that obedience brings true and lasting happiness. Temporary pleasure or happiness is not real happiness. Real happiness shouldn't have to go away! When we are happy, we stay happy! When we are obedient, we are happy. Remember the verse in Mosiah 2: Remember the BLESSED and HAPPY state of those who keep the commandments of God.
The answer is right there! So, Austin, Cam, Lexi: Listen to Mom and Dad. Listen to the things you learn in church. I promise you will be happier. Life is supposed to be happy. Make it that way.
Love you guys and just wait for the memory card to get there. It is awesome!
Miss ya tons,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment