Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week #6 Goodbye, MTC

Just like that it's been 6 weeks! I leave the MTC at 4:30 am on monday. That is so weird for me to think about. I feel like I just got here! Time really does fly! I'm so excited to get out in the field but I am a bit nervous. I'm grateful for the opportunity to start my mission in English. I think that is a huge blessing. I can practice in English what I'll say to the people of Brazil once I get there. Just remember, you always have a reason to rejoice. Always. Whenever Christ spoke to his prophets in the Book of Mormon he always said "Lift up your head and rejoice." Even when Alma was rejected by the people, God spoke to him and started with those very words. We have so much to rejoice about. We are an eternal family and we have the opportunity to be a part in hastening the work, a task that was talked about in every book of scripture. How exciting! Truly, we are blessed. 
Spiritual thought for this week:

St. John 15:13, 15

13 Greater alove hath no man than this, that a man lay down hisblife for his cfriends.

 This is the greatest sign of affection we can show on this earth. But focus on the word "friends."

Now read verse 15: 

 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: BUT I HAVE CALLED YOU FRIENDS; for all things that I have bheard of my Father I have made cknown unto you.

Christ showed us how to love someone the most. He laid his life down for us. He is our older brother and our friend. Sometimes we may feel alone but we are his sheep and he knows his sheep. He is always there for us and knows us personally. If not, he wouldn't call us his friends.

He will help us in every trial that is in our life. Something I learned about his help has really helped me realize the blessings He has given me: God makes us stronger so burdens are easier to bear. The burden doesn't change, the people do.

Watch my favorite mormon message too: www.mormonchannel.com/video/mormon-messages?v=2176618422001

Pretty awesome huh?

How have things been at home? Anything crazy? Things are pretty crazy here with everyone getting ready to leave. It's so weird to think I only have a day and a half left! I'm hoping I'm only in AZ for one transfer. I hope I can accomplish my purpose there fast so God can make my visa come fast! I'm so excited for Brazil! But I see this as my patriarchal blessing coming to pass! I'm supposed to "travel great distances in my missionary labors." Fun stuff!
Tuesday night we were supposed to have M. Russell Ballard speak to us but he couldn't  make it because of the snow. So Emeritus General Authority Bruce C. Hafen came and spoke to us! He talked about how the blessings of the temple help missionaries. He referenced D+C 109 and it was so cool! It really helped me understand my endowment. 

Tomorrow night is the Christmas Devotional, kinda weird because Christmas is still a couple weeks away, but everyone here thinks a member of the "Big Three" will be coming. You can only imagine the buzz that is here on campus. But it's snowing again. ugh. We got 9 inches last time! Gotta love that Utah weather!
Austin: How goes it little bro? Getting ready for christmas break? Continue to work hard, and you'll have a more relaxing break. If you have anything that has to be done over break, do it as soon as you can! Life will be easier if you just sit down and get to work. 

Cam: What's going on?? How is school? You were pretty close by guessing Texas. That was my guess too! But I like to think that I am basically going to mexico. My mission is right on the border! I think I'll have to learn spanish and I'm not too excited for that. How goes everything else? 

Lexi: Hey sis! I miss ya tons! I'll be using those bracelets you made for my suitcases again! I'll definitely be able to tell which ones are mine! I hope to keep those bracelets my whole mission. How cool would that be if I came home and still had them?? How is dance going? I hope you are doing well!

Well that's all I have to say I think. I think I'll be writing some awesome experiences I have in my letters but will save everything else for my journal. You guys can read those when I get back. I'm so excited to leave this frozen wasteland that is Provo. I don't like it here... I'm off to the desert! Hopefully my visa will come fast then I'll be off to the jungle! It'll be so cool to travel the world, spreading the good word!

I miss you guys a ton! Have a good week! I don't know when I'll get to write again, but I will as soon as I can. In the field, P-days are Mondays so we'll see!

Com amor,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment