Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Training and a District Leader!

Family,

Newly called Trainers
So, this week has been one of the hardest weeks of the mission. I am training a new Elder, starting fresh in a new area with 2 investigators, and on July 4th I was called as District Leader. So, it has been pretty much craziness. 

My area is Boa Esperança, which is a neighborhood in Guaruja. And we are facing a lot of challenges. Attendance at church is declining rapidly and only 60 people were there yesterday. A year ago, it was around 120... We have plenty to do and are working for a miracle. Andrew is one of my Zone Leaders (yeah, believe it) and he is doing a great job. His companion however is super prideful and already doesnt like me. We will see how long it takes him to complain to President Cabral. He is known to do that. 

Elder Lucas and Elder Johnson
On July 4th Brazil played so I wore my USA socks and still had fireworks :D All is well in the world! We have 6 elders in total in our house... 2 are sleeping in the living room with mattresses on the floor. So, our house isnt super tidy, but it is super clean because the other 4 elders are neat freaks. 

Elder Lucas and Elder Johnson
I am super happy with where we are in our area and although our situation is pretty hard, we will be working our hardest. This area is kinda like the USA. We try to make contacts all day and only a handful say yes. These 5 weeks will be hard but I know that I will be working my hardest and if that isnt enough for President... then that is his fault haha

Well, that is all there is for this week! Be sure to cheer for BRASIL tomorrow!

Much love,

Elder Johnson



New trainers and President Cabral on 1 year anniversary of Santos Brazil Mission

Elder Johnson meeting Elder Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment