Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, October 13, 2014

Everyone is in Brazil!

Family,

Sounds like you guys have had a crazy week with Dad gone and Cullen leaving and Cameron giving boss talks! But another week has passed and now everything is back to normal! Normality is good... sometimes.

My letter wont be super long today. This week went by without anything super notable. Though we did have one day with the Assistants. We went to this one neighboorhood out in the boondocks and we built a house. Pretty impressive right? not really, this house was pretty sketchy but it was better than a lot of the houses I have been in. But way out there we ate sugar cane. Yeah it was pretty cool. It was like chewing on a massive sweetened toothpick. I had never tried it but you actually cant eat it. You have to chew it up and suck the sugar juice out of it. 

Yesterday was the primary program here in the branch. We only have 8 kids and one has special needs. They sang a ton of songs, or at least they tried to. They had to sing to tape recordings of the songs and it was angelic. I never would have thought that a choir of out-of-tune and out-of-time kids could bring such a powerful spirit. Almost everyone was in tears! What faith, what joy, and what a heavenly experience! 

Last night we had a mission wide emergency transfer and almost all the problem missionaries were taken out and we got absolute all-stars! I am really excited for the rest of this transfer and we will see some great success!

Also, two of the elders that were in the MTC with me and were reassigned to Tucson with me finally got their visas and will be here tomorrow! All Elders from my MTC district are now in Brazil! Took almost a year, but it happened! We truly have to work on God's time, not ours!

we had an activity and I was in charge of the treat... Banana, strawberry, and 3 plates of brigaderio. It was celestial. Look what you have to look forward to when I get back ;)

Also, this other pic was taken close to where we built a house for a service project.


Austin - How will you live without Cullen for the next 2 years??? I am super stoked for him and only have one thing to say.... YOU'RE NEXT. I would encourage you to start preparing in the non-gospel things now like laundry, COOKING, and playing the piano. Try to learn the hymns. Even when missionaries only know a little bit, the members prefer that than a recording that the piano has downloaded on it. Sooooo sounds like you have some talents to develop :D Good luck and have an awesome week!

Cam - email.

Lexi - SIS! I miss you! I hope you are doing well and that school is going well. Are you making new friends? Is the work harder? Are you too smart?? I hope you have a good week and keep being a stud! :D

Love you all,
Elder Zac Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment