Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfer #1

Well, we were supposed to get transfer calls last night and it didnt happen. Then they told us that we would get them this morning, and didnt happen. So, we still have no idea what will happen. Actually, that is not true. Elder Thurgood will be transferred. He was told in that special meeting that he went to that he will be a ZL this next transfer. So, he will leave because Elder Rocha, the ZL here, will stay because on Sunday we started a group (smaller than a branch) in Perequê! Also, Monica and Alex have a marriage date for May 10! Our work is finally paying off, even if it will all show next transfer. All in all, my fate is still unknown. I will get a new comp for sure but whether I stay or go somewhere else is yet to be known!  This transfer is over... wow it has passed by fast. Elder Thurgood has been a great comp! 

Not a whole lot happened this week as far as the work goes. We had a couple people ask us for visits, then werent home when we arrived at the agreed time. Joys of the work for sure! The language is coming along much better now. The bishop and WML are finally comfortable with my understanding capacity. I think in this language. It is so weird. I've been having a ton of dreams lately, all in portuguese. Now THAT is an indescribable thing.


But this week I have spent a lot of time thinking and studying about Joseph Smith. I do not have adequate words to describe my feelings and my experiences I have had. In short, I have come to know him. Not know of him, but really know him. I know that he was and is a Prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I may lack faith of a lot of things but I know that book is true. My experiences cannot be put into words. But I have ended my day, almost every night with feelings of joy and a peace I have never felt. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Other than that, nothing super awesome has happened. There was a soccer championship game last night. Santos lost in penalty kicks but every time a team missed a kick, the whole city seemed to shake, every one was screaming so loud. When the winner was decided, guns where fired, fireworks went off, and empty beer bottles where smashed in the streets. That being said, I cannot wait for the world cup. It will be nuts :D

We had lunch on friday at the American's house in my ward (I also got sick that day but I'm all better now!). He is filthy rich (ex-pro golfer and current senior golf champion of Brazil). He lives in the part of guarujá called Península (google earth it). Gorgeous views and huge house. It was so cool. His name is Ronald Gunn, just in case you wanna look him up.

Austin - Who is such a big boy now? AWWWWWWW ;) Just dont break my truck :) That talk by elder oaks was the motto for my mission in AZ. Sis Cabral has banned us missionaries from buying guaraná haha We only drink it at members houses but it is an every day thing. Water is heavenly though.

Cam - Yea fubeca, tudo bem? :P I hope you had an awesome break and that you did some cool stuff! We were at a members house yesterday and their 3 year old son is obsessed with Ben10 (all boys here are) but he was watching a video that had Skillet in the background and he was singing along to "Monster" and "Hero". I wish I had my camera. It was sooooooo funny.

Lexi - Did you know that my 6 month anniversary of the mission is on your birthday? How cool is that! Next year, that means when you have your birthday, only 6 more months before I come home! Holy cow! or HOLY DOG ;) We'll see what happens on your birthday! It will be super fun!

I hope you all had an awesome break and enjoy school/work ;)

Love you all, 

Elder Johnson

PS.  We just got the call that I am getting transferred!  Elder Thurgood will be transferred too, so the President is "white-washing" the area.  Kinda crazy but I really felt like this was going to happen. New area here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment