Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission

Elder Zachary D. Johnson's Mission
Elder Zac Johnson has been called to serve in the Brazil Santos Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and wants you to share in his adventure! "Take the leap with me."

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week #1

Hey fam!!
It has been a LONG six days and I am so excited to be able to write you. I miss you all so much.
The MTC is an amazing place. Very busy and not a lot of free time, if any at all. Once I got here, I put my stuff in my residence then went straight to the class room where the teacher starting talking to me in portuguese! ON DAY ONE. Portuguese is hard, not gonna lie. It is very different from english and the verb conjugations are impossible. It is coming along slowly, but I'll get the hang of it.
My district is great. There are 12 of us (10 now, because two got there visas yesterday and left this morning!). My companion is Elder Clark. He is a cool guy. He is 19 and from colorado but he is the exact opposite of me. Quiet, likes classical music, very serious. So its fun. 

Mosiah 4:27 has really helped me. I got to go through the Provo Temple today and I prayed for some help with my struggles here. I read that verse as soon as I got back! God sure does answer prayers!

For your info, I am in Branch 70 District D and my mission code is BRA-SNTS.
Dear Elder is so cool. You get the letter the same day and it is a welcome highlight of the day.
I miss you guys all so much and there is way too much to say that will fit in an email.
I'll write ya next tuesday!
Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment